2014 Creek Bank Ambassador Event Team Meeting & Volunteer Details – here are the notes from our Ambassador Events Team Meeting last week. If you would like to get more involved, this is a great way to build deeper relationships with other Leeds Area business professionals and work on a worthwhile community event which brings our community together to experience a great festival, encourage tourism and give organizations and entertainers a platform to perform.
Hello Ambassadors and Board Members,
We had a great Events Meeting on Thursday to plan for the Creek Bank Pageant (March 8th) and Festival (April 26th). A big thank you to everyone that attended! Below are notes from the meeting and some action item we would like your help with if possible.
• We are recruiting possible vendors for the Creek Bank Festival on April 26th. If you know anyone that would like to have a booth please have them contact the Chamber and an application is attached.
• We are recruiting entertainment such as singers, dancers etc. If you are aware of anyone that would be free and entertaining please have them contact Sandra at the Chamber 699-5001.
• Invite friends to attend the Creek Bank Festival and click that you will attend yourself on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/events/205613596313127/
• Help spread the word about the Creek Bark Dog Pageant benefiting the Humane Society. This will be during the Creek Bank Festival. Please “share” the event on your Facebook Page. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=670891939640569&set=a.173016639428104.48989.100001593073975&type=1&theater
• We are having a mascot challenge at the Creek Bank Festival. If you any contacts for any mascots from schools, colleges, businesses please have them contact Christy Ellard from Chick-fil-a at 678-713-1652.
• Creek Bank Pageant Benefiting the Leeds Area Chamber will be held Saturday March 8th at the Leeds High School for girls from birth to 12th grade. If you would like to volunteer to assist the day of please contact Sandra at the Chamber or if you know someone that would like to participate in the pageant please give them a copy of the attached application. Please “share” this info on your Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/events/1421623868080754/
• There will be a Creek Bark Dog Pageant at the Festival and Sarah Mills and Kim Crenshaw are in charge of the event.
• There will be a Sweet’s Bakeoff at the Festival and Penny Parker will be in charge of this event.
• There will be a Car Show at the Festival and Julie Moore is in charge.
• Dona Bonnett and Amanda Pritchard are in charge of publicity.
• Food Vendors will be accepted on a first come first served basis so we don’t have more than one type of food vendor.
• Jill Palmer will contact the School Percussion Band to see if they can provide entertainment.
• Jeff Hudson will contact the drama teacher to see if they can provide entertainment.
• If anyone would like to be a sponsor or knows anyone that would like to be a sponsor on the back of the Creek Bank Festival T-shirt the cost is $150.
• A 5-K will be held prior to the Festival at 8:45am and a 1 mile fun run will be held at 9 benefiting the American Cancer Society. For more info go to www.creekbank5k.org
• We are looking for a group to sell plants at the Festival. Julie is checking with a local vendor.
• Penny Parker volunteered to help Chair the Events Committee for the Ambassadors with Julie Ferrell.
I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Business Development Manager
Curves International, Inc.
Phone: (800) 848-1096 ext. 2651
Mobile: (254) 640-9943