LeHigh Hanson Job Posting
Position: Electrical Supervisor
Company: Lehigh Hanson
Region: South Location: Leeds, AL
This position primarily supports cement plants and local management in the electrical field. It guides and coordinates the development of technical/operational staff associated with EAA needs. Reporting directly to the Electrical Maintenance Manager The Electrical Supervisor be responsible for managing day-to-day activities of the Electrical department staff as well as participate in the implementation of investment projects according to HTC Project Management Guidelines.
This opportunity is perfect for the electrician professional who is looking to grow their career with an industry leader. You will focus on leadership of a tenured and knowledgeable team as you begin your career with a proven leader in the cement and construction materials industry.
What You’ll Get to Do:
• Schedules and supervises the work as arranged through the Maintenance Planner to maintain equipment to meet production requirements.
• Oversee the activities of subordinates to ensure day-to-day and project responsibilities are completed in accordance with plant/HTC guidelines and timelines.
• Ensure the proper functioning of all electrical and control systems on a daily basis to contribute to the operational viability of the plant.
• Participate in the implementation of investment projects. Provide input into the design and implementation of automation engineering projects to ensure the tasks are able to be accomplished in a quality, cost-effective, and timely manner in order to meet specific plant needs.
• Provide technical assistance for electricians in the installation of electrical and control equipment and troubleshooting of electrical and control problems to enable continuous plant operability.
• Execution of these specific duties will be achieved through the following:
o Schedule, assign, plan and monitor the work of electrical shop personnel to ensure completion of the tasks in a timely and quality manner.
o Coordinates with the Maintenance Planner by communicating anticipated jobs and provides input when stores stocks need to be increased or altered, for upcoming jobs to maintain maintenance schedules
o With the Maintenance Planner develop work schedules, equipment usage schedules, priority of electrical expenditures and procedures for equipment and appliance maintenance to meet overall plant goals.
o Review plans for future buildings and inspect new buildings to ensure compatibility with existing electrical codes and maintenance standards.
o Prepare material and labor estimates to develop project cost estimates and plant budgets.
o Monitor the acquisition and use of materials to meet productivity and budgetary goals.
o Maintain time, work order, material, equipment and other electrical shop records and submit reports to plant management to contribute to the continual evaluation of operational efficiency and costs.
o Train or inform employees of new work methods or procedures, changes in safety regulations, work policies and electrical codes and standards to maximize the staff’s skills and ensure compliance with Company & regulatory requirements.
o Ensure budgeting guidelines are met; prioritizes shop expenditures to stay within budget and assist in preparation of capital and operations budgets.
o Interpret department policies to assigned personnel and enforces safety regulations and adherence to proper codes and standards.
o Inspect new construction and assist engineers in design requirements prior to construction to ensure compliance.
• Troubleshoot and diagnose plant system problems to provide resolutions and minimize downtime.
• Participate in the resolution of grievances to the levels provided for by the Collective Agreement to maintain optimal working relationships and preserve the parameters of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
• Provide ongoing electrical support to the plant for all shifts by participating in the plant’s on call program. This includes evaluating and determining the course of action for electrical incidents after hours and on weekends while on call and may require on-site supervision of the resolution to maintain operational efficiency.
• Ensure that Electrical Dept. tools and equipment are in good working condition and that adequate stocks of consumables are maintained to allow maintenance activities to occur as scheduled.
• Support, direct and implement the overall HTC Electrical, Instrument and Process Control Concepts for all plant projects in support of plant objectives.
• MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum 5 years background preferred with Supervisory experience.
• Minimum 5 years electrical experience.
• Cement industry experience a plus.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Basic computer skills necessary.
• Journeyman electrician card a plus.
Employees can apply by clicking on the following link: Internal Opportunities
Employees can refer external candidates by clicking on the following link: Employee Referral Portal
Any additional questions can be directed to:
Micah Chambless, Senio Recruiter
300 East John Carpenter Freeway, Suite 1500
Irving, TX 75062
Internal applications must be received by: 5/16/2017